Product Manager, Pronoun (pronoun.com) — 2014 – 2016
Led software/technology start-up to acquisition by Macmillan Publishers in May 2016.
- Product: Software & processes for ebook creation and distribution.
- Challenges: Automating time-consuming and expensive processes.
- Successes: Reduced publishing costs 91% in 8 months, exceeding business goals.
- Experience: Worked directly with developers, designers, and leadership to manage software development from initial R&D through private beta and then public launch. Identified product requirements by working with users. Iterated product based on user feedback.
Project Manager & Account Manager, Vook — 2012 – 2014
- Led 2,000+ projects to completion with 98.2% on-time delivery rate.
- Increased revenue from client services division 7.5x in 7 months.
- Led team of 6 offshore software developers in India.
- Managed and mentored 1 direct report within 15-person company.
- Won 2 DBW Publishing Innovation Awards (2013).
- Account manager for the New York Times; Wall Street Journal; Boston Globe; Forbes; History Channel; Gawker; Thought Catalog; Wharton; and all other enterprise accounts.
User Support Lead, Vook — 2012
- Triaged user feedback for agile/scrum engineering team.
- Trained new personnel and wrote documentation to support 1000s of early users.
Ebook Developer, Vook — 2011
- HTML/CSS web development.
- Scaled output 5x by coordinating 5-person production team.
Oberlin College, B.A., Economics, Creative Writing — 2011
- 3.69 GPA. Double-major in Economics and Creative Writing.
- Activities: Student Finance & Investment Club (IT/tech sector); Literary Magazine (treasurer).
- Apps: MS Excel (5); Photoshop (4); Final Cut Pro (4); InDesign (2); Stata (1); GitHub (<1).
- Methodologies: Agile/Scrum (5); Project Management (5); UX Design (2 years + 10-week course in 2012); Product Management (2 years + 10-week course in 2014); UI Design (1); Data Analysis (1).